- 11 Best Business and Private Jet Interior Designs - June 3, 2022
- G550 Gulfstream: Price, Interior, and Range - June 3, 2022
- Fractional Jet Ownership: Private Jet Fractional Ownership and Costs - June 3, 2022
If you’re looking to get creative with your aircraft customization, there are a few custom aircraft solutions that could fit your unique operation. Whether you’re looking for aircraft interior, structure, or systems customization, we use our expertise to move your project from a simple idea to innovative aircraft solutions.
Within this growing market, it can seem like there are a lot of steps to aircraft customization. Southern Air Custom Interiors is here to guide you through every part of the process. We’ll help you with concept development, support your aircraft customization and make your flying dreams come true!
What is aircraft customization?
From cockpit to cabin, nose to tail, and across the flight experience, you can customize your aircraft. The process could involve just a few updates, or it might take a complete redo of the aircraft’s various interior or exterior facets.
What can be customized in an aircraft?
Today, aircraft operators have the luxury of choosing from a wide range of options to improve the flight experience. From operational equipment like engines to cabin interiors, each aircraft can be a reflection of its owner, or designed to reflect a brand.
This hasn’t always been the case. Historically, changing aircraft cabin layouts meant additional changes to the aircraft structure to ensure safety. While safety is still a top priority, customizing aircraft cabins has become an accepted and mainstream practice.
These are the interior cabin customizations to consider:
- Floor plan reconfiguration
- Walls and dividers
- Cargo areas
- In-flight entertainment options
Operational and external customizations include:
- Communications and Navigation systems
- Avionics (radios, sensors, entertainment, Auto-Flight System, Electronic Instrument System, and the Flight management system)
- Heating and cooling
- Aircraft livery
Note that aircraft operational equipment is highly regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to meet minimum safety standards.
How do you customize a plane or jet?
- First things first, start with an idea or a concept. From there, you may decide on customizing the areas visible to you and your guests: the interior of your aircraft. There are a variety of customizations available, such as new upholstery for aircraft seats, renovated cabinetry, window covers, lighting, and even carpeting can be customized.
- Then you’ll want to get the specifics of what you want to be done and start researching companies that can fulfill these needs. Make a list of the top-performing or highest-rated companies that you think could accomplish your goal. Note that aircraft management and aircraft maintenance companies may not offer the full range of services that a custom refurbishment company will offer.
- From there, you’ll want to get various quotes for your project so you can find an aircraft customization company within your budget. Start filling out those online forms or go the traditional method and call! However, we recommend filling out forms on company websites because that will give the company time to research your request and give you a solid answer.
- Depending on the costs, customization needs, length of the project, and type of team you’re looking for, you can make your final decision on choosing the best aircraft customization company to complete your project.
How much does it cost to customize an aircraft?
So, how much does a custom jet interior cost? Roughly, prices range between $150,000 to $300,000 per square meter for luxury interiors. Cost will depend on the size and type of your aircraft, what you need done, the materials you choose, and more.
To give you the best estimation on what your project will cost, it’s always going to make sense to request a quote from an established aviation company.
Best Aircraft Customization Companies
If you’re stumped while searching for the best aircraft customization companies, you’ve come to the right place for a quick breakdown. We’ve taken the time to curate a shortlist of our top three best performing and ranked aircraft interior customization companies.
Here’s our shortlist:
Southern Air Custom Interiors
Location: 711 County Rd 51 Haleyville, Alabama
Southern Air Custom Interiors has provided affordable and quality aircraft maintenance services to regional jet owners since 1989. With over 30 years of experience in operation and more than 100 years of combined experience from our licensed technicians and specialists, Southern Air Custom Interiors specializes in quality handmade custom repair, maintenance, renovations, and installations for various aircraft, from King Airs to Gulfstreams and many more.
Interior services aren’t the same for everyone. That’s why Southern Air Custom Interiors offers custom, tailored services to meet your unique needs. From simple repairs to complete interior overhauls.
We’ve worked with many different clients with varying needs. Sometimes jet and aircraft owners need a quick touch-up to prepare their flight for marketing charter services, or they’d prefer more personal touches implemented in their interior to make their personal or business travel as enjoyable as possible.
Whether new upholstery for aircraft seats, renovated cabinetry and window covers, or carpeting, Southern Air is the expert for aircraft interior refurbishment.
- Annual Maintenance
- Custom Avionics
- Interior Design
- Custom Design
- Seats, liners
- Dashes, gauges
- Avionic Installation
- Parts Locator
We offer some of the most competitive pricing on the market for aircraft interiors. Contact Southern Air Custom Interiors for a quote today.
Aircraft Maintenance Specialist (AMS)
Location: Headquarters in West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Aircraft Maintenance Specialist (AMS) is a full-service facility that provides routine maintenance and repairs for aircraft in Palm Beach County, FL. They have a staff that includes nine licensed mechanics experienced in maintaining small aircraft. They perform routine maintenance to keep each aircraft functioning at its best and take care of minor and major repairs to bring the plane back to prime working order.
- Aircraft maintenance
- Aircraft inspections
- Part installation
Pricing: Contact Aircraft Maintenance Specialist (AMS) for a quote today.
Location: Headquarters in Wood Dale, Illinois, United States
AAR Corp. is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers worldwide. They offer services throughout the United States and Canada for Airframe maintenance. They also have engineering services throughout Singapore and across the U.S.
- Airframe maintenance
- Engineering services
- Component repair, landing gear, wheels, and brakes
- MRO IT platforms
- Parts supply
Pricing: Visit the AAR Corp. for more information.
Customize Your Plane or Jet with the Best Aircraft Customization Company
Aircraft renovation is a field that requires an uncompromised standard of quality. And at Southern Air Custom Interiors we take our job seriously. We offer a wide range of comprehensive services, and have become well known throughout the USA for our custom interiors.
We pride ourselves on our excellent work combining attention to detail, effort, technical knowledge, competence, and strict adherence to the highest standards. Reach out today to see how we can provide the quality workmanship and innovative design for interior renovation that will exceed your expectations for aircraft customization.