- 11 Best Business and Private Jet Interior Designs - June 3, 2022
- G550 Gulfstream: Price, Interior, and Range - June 3, 2022
- Fractional Jet Ownership: Private Jet Fractional Ownership and Costs - June 3, 2022
Jet membership programs and private jet cards are becoming increasingly popular as more people recognize the value of having reliable access to private jet travel. While we can’t predict the future, experts are forecasting increased growth in this market through 2025.
If you’re frequently traveling, you may want to consider purchasing a jet membership program or private jet card for the cost savings and added benefits they provide.
This article shares all you’ll need to know about the best jet membership programs and private jet cards available in 2022.
What are Jet Membership Programs and Private Jet Cards?
Different from being part of a jet and aircraft association, jet membership programs and private jet cards are two different options for individuals to consider investing in if they find themselves traveling frequently, and don’t want to purchase their own private jet.
Those who prefer Jet Memberships usually look for a flexible program that offers them a wide variety of aircraft and unique flexibility for their travel. Each program listed below includes various benefits and terms.
Individuals who may fly more frequently and seek reliability in their travel will lean towards considering a Private Jet Card, which has a prepaid balance of flight hours they can use when they need.
Both the programs and cards offer savings and excellent benefits that create a seamless flying experience for all individuals and business teams.
How do Jet Membership Programs or Private Jet Cards Work?
Jet Membership Programs can be compared to joining an exclusive club where an annual fee is paid to unlock access to private jet travel options, with each program offering different benefits.
Private Jet Cards are commonly purchased by individuals who wish to use private jets to do most of their traveling. If an individual signs up for one of these cards, they have access to various aircraft at an agreed-upon, fixed hourly rate. The terms and conditions of these cards vary, and we recommend reading about each of these card programs below.
Is Having a Jet Membership Program or Private Jet Card the Cheapest Way to Fly Private?
Yes, having a Jet Membership Program or Private Jet Card can be the most economical way to fly private, thanks to the added benefits and discounts found in each offering. Just make sure you take advantage!
These programs are a worthy investment, especially for business teams traveling together or separately due to the option to choose the size of the aircraft desired.
From individuals and families to business travelers, anyone who needs guaranteed access to flights at all times, without holding back on the luxurious touches, should consider a Jet Membership or Jet card to ensure amazing experiences.
7 Best Jet Membership programs and private luxury experience Jet Cards
Jet Membership Options
The Air Charter Service Empyrean Jet Card offers individuals three different membership options. These different membership options are aimed to provide the individual all of the features they are seeking in their membership.
The three different membership options are:
- Market Account: Providing individuals the best market rates at the time of booking.
- Gold Account: Providing flights at the best market rate with a maximum price guarantee.
- Platinum Account: Within a 24 hour notice period individuals can purchase a set amount of hours for a set price.
- Hours do not expire
- Taxes and fees are included
- Jet selection option
- Limited cancellation period
- Limited aircraft selection
For the Market Account, the pricing will depend on the Market Price of the chosen route, for the Gold Account the pricing varies between $6,000 and $12,000 depending on the jet selected, and for the Platinum account, the pricing ranges from $6,000 to $14,000 also depending on the jet selected.
This membership is ideal for individuals who are looking to get the best price for a membership that enables them to pick the jet they desire to fly anywhere in the world with no expiry dates.
Jet Membership Options
Jet Linx membership is offered in two different packages:
- The Enterprise Card: This program is for businesses, and allows an unlimited number of users within an organization to independently utilize Jet Linx services.
- Executive Jet Card: This membership option is available to any frequent traveler looking to elevate their private jet experience.
Both programs offer guaranteed flight availability, fixed hourly rates, high safety standards, and enrollment in the Elevated Lifestyle program which enables clients to collect credits that can be used towards brands and services that compliment the private jet lifestyle.
- Guaranteed private jet availability
- Access to over 5,000 airports
- Primary and International Service areas
- Supplemental charges apply to International service areas
- Not all aircrafts are operated by Jet Linx Aviation
- Additional fees charged for catering and deicing
Pricing is only provided online for their Executive Card program. To join, customers will pay a one-time initiation fee of $25,000. Flight Funds can then be purchased on a pay-as-you-go basis, but deposits of $250,000 and above will earn up to 4% a year in flight credits. Contact them to learn more about the pricing of their Enterprise Card.
Travelers who want guaranteed availability to a private jet and fixed hourly rates should consider a Jet Linx membership.
Jet Membership Options
Jettly presents itself as the Expedia of private jets, removing the high-cost charter broker from the equation and offering wholesale charter pricing. There are three different types of private jet memberships:
- Free membership: Members in this category enjoy unlimited flight requests, wholesale charter pricing, and phone, email or chat support.
- Personal membership: This category offers one air charter booking per month, a personal flight coordinator, registration in the Jet Miles program to earn flight credits that can be redeemed toward membership costs or retail products, Jettly swag, $20 credit per month for Jettly Eats, wholesale charter pricing, and phone/email/chat support.
- Business membership: Business members enjoy three air charter bookings per month, a personal flight coordinator, Jet Miles, Skype and Slack integration, Jettly swag, $30 Jettly Eats credit per month, free UberBlack transfers, wholesale charter pricing, and phone/email/chat support.
- Jet Card membership: This program comes with unlimited air charter bookings, discounted flight pricing, a personal flight coordinator, Jet Miles, Skype and Slack integration, Jettly swag, $50 Jettly Eats credit per month, free UberBlack transfers, phone/email/chat support.
- Access to 20,000+ aircrafts worldwide
- No tied up capital, cancel anytime
- Big savings if purchased annually
- Limited features in the basic package
- Platform fee per booking
One special attraction to entice potential customers is Jettly’s free membership plan option, offering their basic features. The next package is the Personal package offered at $370/mo, and then the Business option at $670/mo. The Jet Card can be purchased at $997/mo.
Jettly is ideal for individuals looking for access to over 20,000 aircraft worldwide with wholesale pricing. This membership can be canceled at any time if individuals choose not to participate.
Jet Membership Options
The benefit behind a membership at Magellan Jets is the customizable jet card experience. Individuals get full control over their amenities and flight experience all through a helpful mobile app. The Magellan Jets app provides users the ability to choose how they will be using the membership (personal, business, or aircraft owners), and add the time they desire to fly.
- No commitments
- No surcharges, hidden costs, or membership fees
- Only available to book in 25-hour blocks
- Only eight aircraft to choose from
There are no membership fees with the Magellan Jet Membership. All fees are included in the overall price when purchasing time blocks.
This membership is ideal for travelers who wish to join a program with zero commitments and flexibility. Individuals enjoy the ease of the Magellan Jets app.
Jet Membership Options
NetJets offers three programs:
- NetJets Share: Recommended for those who fly over 50 hours per year. Members of this program make a one-time acquisition investment up front, and own shares in a private jet. The size of the share determines how many flight hours are available to the owner. Monthly management fees are incurred to cover operating costs. The minimum commitment for this program is 36 months. Minimum notice time for flights is as little as 4 – 6 hours.
- NetJets Lease: This program is also recommended for those who fly over 50 hours a year. Lessees pay a monthly fee for the duration of their contract, based on the aircraft chosen. The size of the lease determines how many flight hours are available. The minimum commitment for this program is 60 months. Minimum notice time for flights is as little as 4 – 6 hours.
- NetJets Card: This program is recommended for those who fly between 25-50 hours per year. Members prepay a fixed, upfront fee for your flight hours, available in 25-hour increments. Minimum commitment for this program is 25 hours over 24 months. Minimum notice time for flights is as little as 10 hours.
All three of these programs come with ideal features that enhance the individual’s experience and offer annual travel hours, some of the lowest minimum booking notices on the market, and minimum commitments. All details can be found on their website.
- Direct financing options available
- Enhanced ferry waiver program
- No minimum flight charges
- Pricing not available online
- Minimum commitments on all packages
NetJets does not offer public pricing online, and requests that individuals contact them if they desire full pricing details.
NetJets memberships are ideal for individuals and businesses who need a reliable program to trust when they need to fly on short notice or during peak demand periods.
Jet Membership Options
Paramount Business Jets Jet Card Membership is a prepaid account that can be utilized globally to fly on any sized aircraft. There are two types of membership cards:
- Platinum card: This option offers world-class service, safety, competitive private jet prices, preferred cancellation terms (full refund of any unused balance).
- Black card: Same benefits as the Platinum card plus low fixed management fees, priority booking and complimentary upgrades.
Both membership options include wholesale, transparent pricing, and no membership, maintenance or acquisition fees.
- No black out dates
- Global currency accepted
- Various sized jets available
- High minimum deposits
- Unreliable customer service
There are no membership fees for the prepaid Jet Card Membership, individuals choose the plan that works best for them and enjoy no acquisition costs, initiation fees or membership fees.
Paramount Business Jets is great for individuals who need global access 365 days of the year with personalized service and no hidden costs.
Jet Membership Options
The VistaJet Program is the closest service to owning a private jet as it offers flying-on-demand to global destinations with as little as 24 hours notice. Customers download the VistaJet app and access preferential rates on a fleet of over 70 jets. The VistaJet App makes their membership easy by allowing individuals to choose where they wish to fly, with the click of a button.
- Offered on a convenient mobile app
- Track and make changes to flights
- View previous quotes
- Limited aircraft available
- Limited benefits included
The VistaJet Program membership is tailored to each individual. As such, fees are not listed online, and can be found by contacting the VistaJet Membership program help desk directly.
This membership program is ideal for those looking for a private jet experience without the outlay of acquisition costs. It is a convenient, reliable way to book, track, and change flights prior to boarding. The VistaJet Direct program is preferred by many who need to book an international flight fast.
Is Having a Jet Membership Program or Private Jet Card a Good Deal?
Owning a Jet Membership Program or Private Jet Card is a must for those who fly over 25 hours a year and want reliable service providers that they trust to take care of their travel needs.
It’s a great way to save your sanity without breaking the bank, as most programs and card membership offer support and features that make the booking and flying experience easy for individuals. Over time these savings can become substantial compared to the cost of not being a member of one of these programs.
These programs create an individualized experience, allowing you to skip lengthy queues at the commercial airports, and get to know the staff and crew that serve you.
For businesses, having a membership program or card is highly beneficial when traveling frequently and can be shared among all team members to afford access to reliable travel.
How Southern Air Customs Can Improve Your Private Jet Experience
If you do own your own jet and want to improve your private jet experience, consider trying Southern Air Custom Interiors.
At Southern Air Custom Interiors, you’ll find professionals specializing in aircraft interior enhancements and maintenance for private jets. Backed by years of experience, your private jet will live up to the standards of your guest through the unparalleled quality of work completed by our team.
Enhancing the interior of your jet will transform your flying experience for years to come. In need of other private jet services? Get more details today on how Southern Air Customer Interiors can support all of your maintenance and designing needs.